Nanometer Library Characterization: Challenges and Solutions
Designers today see a significant increase in the number of simulations and PVT corners required to an accurate library characterization, including new formats to support process variations, that can be critical at advanced process nodes. This webinar will review the challenges to have accurate characterization results with a fast turnaround time and how Silvaco characterization solutions can help our customers to achieve that. Offering flexible service formats, Silvaco has a complete characterization solution and the expertise to configure, drive and QA the characterization process. We will also cover an introduction of the characterization tool flow, including its new and advanced capabilities.
What attendees will learn:
- Characterization challenges posed by current demands
- The increase number of PVT corners and models needed
- Better ways to meet those demands
- The characterization solutions Silvaco offers
- Characterization services, tools or a combination of them
- Overview of Silvaco library characterization tool, Viola
- Characterization and validation flow
- Advanced flow: The customizable characterization for non-standard cells
- The simple requirements for a characterization service
Bernardo Culau is Director of Characterization at Silvaco. He joined Silvaco in 2018 as part of the acquisition of Nangate where he had worked for 9 years. At Nangate he developed EDA tools for library characterization and delivered standard cell library IP for multiple foundries and technology nodes. Bernardo holds Computer Engineering degrees from Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil and from Grenoble INP, France.
When: March 21, 2019
Time: 10:00am-11:00am (PST)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Design and verification engineers, and managers looking for solutions to increase efficiency and accuracy while reducing time and costs of standard cell library characterization.