Silvaco is committed to protecting your privacy, and understand this protection helps ensure the continued success of our business. As a result, Silvaco only collects and/or uses personally identifiable information (“personal information” or “personal data”) in accordance with the terms and conditions outlined below. This policy covers any personal information we collect or otherwise obtain when you visit us online, in person, or by some other means, or otherwise inquire about or use Silvaco’s products and/or services.
1. GDPR compliance
This Policy is intended to provide adequate and consistent safeguards for the handling personal data and information in accordance with Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 October 1995 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (“the Directive”) and all the relevant transposing legislation of the Directive in the European Union/European Economic Area, the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act, as such laws may from time to time be amended and valid during the application of this Policy, the Privacy Shield, and any other privacy laws, regulations and principles concerning the collection, storage, use, transfer and other processing of personal data transferred from the European Economic Area or Switzerland to the United States including but not limited to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“the General Data Protection Regulation”) as of its entry into force on 25 May 2018.
2. Principles for Processing Personal Information
Silvaco is committed to protecting your personal data or other information in compliance with the Directive. This compliance is consistent with our desire to keep you informed, and to recognize and respect your privacy as follows:
- Personal data will be protected from use in a manner for which it was not intended.
- Non-employee-related data will only be collected, processed, or transferred after Silvaco has secured clear and unequivocal consent from the impacted individual(s) or their duly authorized representative. (Employee-related data is addressed below.)
- Any and all data retained for business purposes will be maintained in a manner that is accurate and, where necessary, kept current
- Individuals who submit a Data Subject Access Request form (or other similar instrument) are required to provide proof of their identity; specify the nature and purpose of their request; and identify date ranges, data types, communication formats, or other criteria that can inform and focus the search.
- Appropriate technical, physical and organizational measures will be taken to prevent unauthorized access, unlawful processing and unauthorized or accidental loss, destruction or damage to personal data. In case of any actual or perceived violation of the Directive by a third party (e.g.: a “breach”), Silvaco will take appropriate steps to terminate unauthorized access, and provide the required notice to the breached party within 72 hours of detecting the breach
3. Information We Collect
Silvaco may collect personal information or data from individuals in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to:
- Placing cookies when visiting public or secure websites
- Registering online for events
- Completing information or other request forms
- Viewing video or other media content
- Downloading software and/or license agreements (and the associated data)
- Exchanging email or other voice, electronic, or paper communications with Silvaco personnel
As appropriate, individuals may also be asked to provide:
- your name;
- login details;
- email, personal, or work address;
- Current/former job title, level, role, department, supervisor’s name
- Current/former employer or other associated company name
- Current/former professional references
The non-personal information Silvaco collects may include, but is not limited to, browser name, operating system, Internet service provider, computer type and any other information when individuals connect to our public or secure sites. Other non-personal information may be collected at a trade shows or conferences, or by other means included as a normal part of doing business.
WEB BROWSER COOKIES
Silvaco collects information about how individuals use its public and private sites by setting and accessing “cookies”. A cookie is a small file that is saved on your hard drive. The cookie forwards pre-determined personal or other data to Silvaco electronically. Silvaco uses this information to personalize or enhance your experience, respond to inquiries, assess market trends, or other business-related reasons. The data that is collected via cookies, or any other means will not be shared with third-party sites, individuals, or companies. You may disable cookies on your browser by following the appropriate instructions provided by the browser’s vendor Please note that certain features of Silvaco’s public or private sites may not be available if you delete or reject cookies.
4. How We Use Collected Information
Silvaco collects and uses your personal information for the following purposes:
- To personalize and improve a customer or other individual’s experience;
- To improve the quality of and content contained at our public and private sites;
- To assemble mailing lists, and to provide information tailored to an individual’s expressed interests or other request If an individual decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. Silvaco provides an easy-to-use “unsubscribe” option on its public and private sites, email messages, or other communications. Individuals who decide to unsubscribe from some or all communications.
- To process job applications
- To manage personnel-related information and issues
- For accounting or other business-critical uses
5. How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our public or private sites.
Sensitive and private data exchange between individuals and Silvaco’s public and private Sites is managed via digital signature and SSL or other encrypted and secured communication channel.
6. Sharing your personal information
We will not share your personal data outside the confines of business-critical needs. The data will only be shared between our companies and not with 3rd party companies, with the exception of processing business related functions, e.g. payroll.
7. Your Rights
You have the right to be provided with information as to the nature of the personal information stored or processed about you by Silvaco, and you may request deletion or amendments to your personal information at any time. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to review, update, and revise your personal information using the Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) form. Silvaco reserves the right to require valid identification for any requester, to ask for information that clarify and/or narrow the request, and to deny any request that is inconsistent with this Policy and the GDPR.
If deletion of your information is denied, you will be informed about the reasons for denial. In the event you disagree with Silvaco’s decision, you may use the dispute resolution described in this policy, or follow other procedures as defined by any competent GDPR or other related regulatory body or authority.
Individuals remain responsible to notify Silvaco if they discover errors in their personal information. You have the right to request deletion of your personal databy emailing email@example.com.
Information that is not critical to meet business needs may be permanently deleted in accordance with the Directive.
8. Additional Enforcement Rights and Mechanisms
If you believe your personal information has been collected, shared, or processed in violation of this Policy, you may report your concern to the Data Compliance Officer at Silvaco by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about or complaints regarding implementation of this policy, please contact Silvaco via email (email@example.com or by visiting the corporate headquarters at:
Silvaco, Inc., 4701 Patrick Henry Drive, Bldg #23, Santa Clara, CA 95054 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Obligations to Data Protection Authorities
Silvaco will respond diligently and appropriately to requests from Data Protection Authorities (DPAs) about this Policy or compliance with applicable data protection privacy laws and regulations. Silvaco will (i) cooperate with inquiries from the DPA responsible for the entity exporting the data and (ii) respect its decisions, consistent with applicable law and due process rights.
10. Your Consent and Updates to this Policy
If you have any questions about your privacy, or security on our Sites, please contact us using the following email address: email@example.com