Solar Cell Modeling Using TCAD and SPICE
In this webinar a review of the TCAD-to-SPICE simulation flow of solar cells and solar panels and its related methodology will be presented. An argument for physical TCAD simulations as a source of accumulated knowledge will be advanced. The route to creating complex 3D cell structures as well as obtaining quantum efficiency and other important design metrics will be described. The available light propagation strategies as well as the interplay with carrier generation will be tackled. SPICE model extraction and simulation for solar panel design will be described.
In order to understand the scope of such simulations, a number of cases will be described using Silvaco software. Few articles will be referenced for viewers to consult further on.
What attendees will learn:
- Potential of physical TCAD simulations
- How to generate TCAD modeling flow to capture and analyze solar cell technology design issues
- Methods to explore available design space
- Modeling for solar cell innovation
- Case 1: Solar cells for indoor applications
- Case 2: Design of complex top contacts
- Moving beyond TCAD into macro-modeling of solar panels using exported SPICE models
- Case 3: Solar Panel inverter design