TCAD Modeling Services
Silvaco’s TCAD modeling services provides a solution for customers who have unique semiconductor device modeling requirements but do not have the time or resources to operate TCAD software in-house. Using TCAD modeling service provides access to Silvaco’s expertise in semiconductor physics and TCAD software operation to provide a complete, fast, and accurate solution.
Applications include but are not limited to:
- Physical etch and deposition process simulation
- Calibration of doping profiles and MOS/Bipolar transistors
- Modeled effects include self-heating and thermal gradients for power device, TFT
- Optical simulation for solar cell, CCD, CIS, TFT, LCD, and OLED using ray-tracing/FDTD/TMM
- Single Event Effect, Total dose simulation
- Stress simulation
Deliverables include, but are not limited to, graphical output (plots of structures and behaviors), structures (TCAD device files and meshes) and device characteristics (electrical, thermal, and/or optical).
The graphical results can be delivered in one of two ways:
- Customer receives results files and one license of Silvaco’s viewer/plotter tool. This delivery method best suits consultants or semiconductor companies who are familiar with semiconductor results and know what they want to display in plots. This method provides flexibility–allowing customers to show close-ups, electrical characteristics in certain ranges and customized graphical headings.
- Customer receives final result plots printed by Silvaco. This delivery method suits customers who are not familiar with in-depth semiconductor theory and TCAD tool operation.