Etching & Deposition Software Engineer
Location: Grenoble France
Silvaco is a leading EDA tools and semiconductor IP provider used for process and device development for advanced semiconductors, power IC, display and memory design. For over 30 years, Silvaco has enabled its customers to develop next generation semiconductor products in the shortest time with reduced cost. We are a technology company outpacing the EDA industry by delivering innovative smart silicon solutions to meet the world’s ever-growing demand for mobile intelligent computing. The company is headquartered in Santa Clara, California and has a global presence with offices located in North America, Europe, Japan and Asia.
Silvaco is a privately held company, measuring itself to the highest ethical standards and world class performance.
Position Description and Responsibilities
Silvaco is looking for a software engineer to join our TCAD team in one of the company’s offices in Europe. Working at the very center of the TCAD group, you would be working on Etching and Deposition algorithm. As a Software Developer, you will help Silvaco develop and deliver high quality products and services.
As a member of the TCAD group, you will design, implement, evaluate, and improve numerical methods, physical models and simulation methodologies. The successful candidate will be an experienced software engineer with expertise in Etching and Deposition algorithm, whereby software development experience is at least as good as the knowledge of using software packages for simulating these kinds of problems. Since solving Etching and Deposition simulation problems often goes along with challenges in creating good simulation meshes, experience in that area will be very beneficial.
- Develop, support, test and maintain existing simulation software.
- Identify and understand limitations of existing software components.
- Develop new features and provide solutions to existing problems.
- Communicate complex ideas and testing results effectively; both orally and written.
- Must be able to work independently and solve the problems on his/her own initiative.
- Provide accurate and effective written documentation.
- Good communication and organization skills, with a logical approach to problem solving, good time management, and task prioritization skills.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks – certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Strong Organization and time management skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A key requirement of this role is being the master of all details.
- Ability to multi-task and handle matters with little supervision and with excellent follow up.
- Must be able work alongside dynamic individual team members as a day-to-day partner in moving the business forward, holding reports accountable for forecasts and other business objectives.
- A strong entrepreneurial and can-do mindset, undaunted by shifting priorities, uncertainty, and a “figuring it out as we go” environment.
- PhD in Meshing, Physics, Engineering, or related field.
- Experience with unstructured meshing in 3D (surface meshing, volume meshing).
- Experience with implicit mesh-based surface/volume evolution.
- Very advanced C++ coding skills (C++17 preferable).
- Linear Algebra
- Extensive experience in software design.
- Experience in software development within teams (code sharing).
To apply send resume to HR@silvaco.com