Silvaco Exhibits and Presents Invited Paper on Atomistic Simulation at IEDM 2019
The IEEE International Electron Devices Meeting (IEDM) is the world’s preeminent forum for reporting technological breakthroughs in the areas of semiconductor and electronic device technology, design, manufacturing, physics, and modeling. It is the flagship conference for
- Nanometer-scale CMOS transistor technology, advanced memory, displays, sensors, MEMS devices
- Novel quantum and nano-scale devices and phenomenology
- Optoelectronics, devices for power and energy harvesting, high-speed devices
- Process technology and device modeling and simulation
The technical focus sessions and exhibits takes place the week of Monday Dec. 9 through Wednesday Dec. 11 at the Continental Ballroom, Hilton San Francisco Union Square, 333 O’Farrell St., San Francisco, CA .
Silvaco will exhibit its TCAD solutions for semiconductor devices and present an invited technical paper on atomistic simulation, on Tuesday afternoon during Session 24 – Modeling and Simulation – Ab Initio Simulation of Materials, Devices, and Interconnects.
Philippe Blaise, senior engineer for atomistic applications from Silvaco France and previously from CEA Leti, will present an invited paper “Ab initio Simulation of Advanced Materials and Devices: Current Challenges”. He will discuss the introduction of atomistic simulation tools to semiconductor analysis and describe the most promising tool usage strategies including the strong link between electronic device variability and atomistic modeling. Simulations of a ferroelectric layer and a resistive RAM (ReRAM) will be shown as examples. The presentation will take place Tuesday, December 10, at 3:10 p.m. in session 24.3.
Silvaco is also having a booth in the exhibits area, where we present
- Optimization of power electronics with TCAD
- Victory Process models 3D stress in flexible substrates
- Victory Devices 3D optimizes the select gate in 3D NAND memory
- Nano-structure Device Simulation with Victory Atomistic
Here are the exhibition times:
- Monday afternoon: 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday morning: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
To register and find more information, visit https://ieee-iedm.org/.