Application Engineer, SPICE Modeling
Silvaco is a leading EDA tools and semiconductor IP provider used for process and device development for advanced semiconductors, power IC, display and memory design. For over 30 years, Silvaco has enabled its customers to develop next generation semiconductor products in the shortest time with reduced cost. We are a technology company outpacing the EDA industry by delivering innovative smart silicon solutions to meet the world’s ever-growing demand for mobile intelligent computing. The company is headquartered in Santa Clara, California and has a global presence with offices located in North America, Europe, Japan and Asia.
Silvaco is a privately held company, measuring itself to the highest ethical standards and world class performance.
Position Description and Responsibilities
Silvaco seeks an experienced Application Engineer with a strong background in electrical device measurement and characterization, and in SPICE model extraction. This individual will be responsible for providing support to our Utmost IV modeling tool customers and performing SPICE modeling services.
- Perform SPICE modeling services.
- Provide technical support for Utmost IV customers with tasks such as data acquisition, SPICE model extraction and optimization, and model QA.
- Create and maintain Utmost IV examples and Marketing collateral.
- Provide customer presentations and support our pre-sale activities
Desired qualifications, skills and personal attributes
- BS with at least 2 years of experience in device characterization and SPICE modeling (MS preferred).
- Parameter extraction software experience.
- Direct experience with model parameter extraction for various SPICE models, such as MOSFET (e.g., BSIM3v3, BSIM4, PSP), FinET (BSIM-CMG), TFT (RPI), SOI MOSFET (e.g., BSIMSOI, UTSOI, BSIM-IMG), HV MOSFET (HiSIM_HV), BJT (e.g., Gummel-Poon, VBIC, Mextram), Diode, passive elements and macromodels.
- Experience in electrical device measurement and characterization, including I-V, C-V and RF (S-parameters).
- Experience in controlling measurement equipment through software drivers.
- Proven ability to accomplish tasks in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiar with Windows and Linux.
To apply send resume to HR@silvaco.com