Senior Field Application Engineer – EDA – Front End Products
Location: United States, West Coast US preferred
Being a great place to work is the difference between being a good company and a great company.
Silvaco is a leading EDA tools and semiconductor IP provider used for process and device development for advanced semiconductors, power IC, display and memory design. For over 30 years, Silvaco has enabled its customers to develop next generation semiconductor products in the shortest time with reduced cost. We are a technology company outpacing the EDA industry by delivering innovative smart silicon solutions to meet the world’s ever-growing demand for mobile intelligent computing. The company is headquartered in Santa Clara, California, and has a global presence with offices located in North America, Europe, Japan and Asia. Silvaco is a privately held company, measuring itself to the highest ethical standards and world class performance.
The primary responsibility of this position entails working within a team to deliver analog transistor level circuit designs along with the physical layouts of the high-performance Interface & analog circuits. The designer will apply system and circuit expertise to meet strict specifications, power consumption, and SOC features & integration. The designer may need to invent new approaches in solving complex design problems. The candidate will collaborate with the entire business unit to drive a cohesive strategy for these vertical applications. We are looking for a curious, open-minded spirit.
The role of the Senior Field Application Engineer at Silvaco is to give customers technical support both pre-sale and post-sale.
Pre-sale activities include:
- Provide customer technical support to sales directors on pre-sales technical calls
- Understand customer requirements and determining the fit of Silvaco solutions
- Feedback to PLM and engineering on customer’s needs in the event of mismatches
Post-sale activities include:
- Provide technical collateral to customers in support of design activities.
- Train and develop customer skills on Silvaco products through communication and education
- Review customer schematics to confirm adherence to reference designs.
- Create applications notes and/or scripts as needed to grant information, which isn’t covered in engineering documents
- Provide ongoing customer technical support through customer debut product introduction phase.
Roles And Responsibilities:
- Use knowledge of applications and systems to recommend application solutions, design ideas and products to customer design teams
- Set up, demonstrate, and support Silvaco product evaluation boards used by customers
- Demonstrate knowledge of competitor solutions and how Silvaco products and solutions are differentiated
- Engage with sales and marketing teams to develop value propositions to promote relevant application strategies as appropriate for the given customer
- Utilize customer relationships to keep track of customer opportunities as well as develop and optimize advanced packaging processes in collaboration with our customers
- Detailed analysis of process data and log files to guide process optimization
- Troubleshooting and repairing of semiconductor packaging equipment
- Document how Silvaco solutions work in target customer applications in a manner that customers can easily understand enabling a smooth implementation of our products and technology
- Comprehend and evaluate customer’s systems issues and quickly recommend the best solution
- Demonstrated technical experience and performance commensurate with job grade level
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Able to communicate technical topics both verbally and in written formats
- Support tool usage documentation and examples
- Lead by example
- Positive attitude
- Actively seek and provide solutions to problems
- Actively promote teamwork
- Encourage exchange of ideas, expertise
- Seek constructive solutions to workplace or interpersonal issues
- Proficient in basic problem-solving methodologies
- Effective time management to meet project deadlines
- Effective elevation of project issues to appropriate levels
- Demonstrated experience and performance commensurate with job grade level
- Focus on customer success in all activities
- 25% travel and a willingness to work a flexible schedule required.
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related fields with 5+ years’ experience in technical selling and leadership
- Significant experience with SPICE simulation and SPICE simulators for analog, mixed-signal and/or memory circuits
- Significant experience with schematic editors
- Experience in statistical analyses inside ICs (Monte Carlo analysis, Silvaco VarMan, for example)
- Familiar with EDA design environments and able to script in standard languages (Bash, Csh, Perl, etc…)
- Able to solve a wide-range of difficult problems in imaginative and creative ways, exercising judgment within broadly defined practices and policies
- Communicates technical ideas clearly with minimal help from supervisor and senior team members
- Expected contributor to tool application notes, examples, and documentation
- Provide detailed accurate feedback to customers
- Communicates clearly verbally, including presentation delivery.
- Mentor T1(FAE)
- Increased ownership over customer pre- and post-sale engagement activities & projects, including more autonomy over technical decisions
- Looks to fix recurring issues or tasks with system, tool, and operational changes
- Leads small team projects of limited time & scope.
- Plays key role in fostering teamwork within AE team
- Collaborates well with technical BUs
- Assists junior team members, assisting in their growth and success
- Applies intermediate problem-solving skills
- Takes on complex issues independently, on occasion
- Communicates clearly verbally, including presentation delivery
Task & Project Management
- Self-management of multiple tasks, with inputs into priority setting and time allocation
- Project status reporting on multi-week engagements
- Detailed understanding of product use cases in customer account
- Utilize market knowledge & experience to improve product position in account
- Use knowledge of customer business and existing methodologies to enhance and expand product usage, including suggesting better approaches.
Click here to apply.