Dev Ops Engineer – Compiler
Location: Santa Clara, CA or Europe
For more than 35 years, Silvaco, Inc. has remained a privately held global company with a leading position among providers of EDA software tools for process and device development, analog/mixed-signal applications, power IC, and memory design. The company is headquartered in Santa Clara, California, with offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. Silvaco is undergoing substantial growth and is experiencing the related challenges worldwide.
Silvaco is a privately held company, committed to the highest ethical standards and world class performance.
Position Description and Responsibilities
As part of the Development Operations team, you will be responsible for supporting the compiler platforms for the various teams at Silvaco. The ideal candidate should be well-versed in the various compilers for both Windows and Linux, such as, MSVC, GCC, ICC, and Java.
- Upgrading and managing various compilers on different platforms
- Build and manage GCC and GNU toolchain
- Maintaining the core system libraries used for all development in the organization, for instance the licensing, and communication libraries
- Engaging with different development teams to optimize their code and coming up with new innovations
- Co-ordinating with the licensing team to implement the compliance software
- Displays strong analytical abilities both quantitative and qualitative.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks – certain degree of creativity and latitude is required
- A key requirement of this role is being the master of all details.
- Ability to multi-task and handle matters with little supervision and with excellent follow up
- A strong entrepreneurial and can-do mindset, undaunted by shifting priorities, uncertainty, and a figuring it out as we go environment
- Enough courage to say I dont know
- Proven C/C++ development and debugging experience with full stack knowledge a plus
- Deep understanding of compilers for different platforms, specifically Windows and Linux
- Skilled in object-oriented design, standard programming practices, and new developments in the C/C++ standard
- Wide breadth of knowledge in various programming and scripting languages
- Experience using and supporting open-source tools and integrating open-source packages across multiple platforms
- BS / MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
- Ability to Learn new technologies and apply the knowledge quickly
- Ability to meet project milestones and deadline
Click here to apply (USA).
Click here to apply (UK).