Standard Cell Layout Migration and Optimization
This webinar will present an efficient methodology for migrating and optimizing standard cell libraries. Foundation IP reuse through migration between non-disruptive technology nodes can save a lot of engineering resources and provide an initial basis for further optimization of layouts in the target technology.
In this webinar we will demonstrate how a standard cell library can be migrated using a 2-D compaction engine combined with static geometrical transformations. We will also show how layouts can be further optimized for Automotive or DFM rules with customization of the compaction rules. Finally we will quickly touch base on other applications such as cell density optimization and fast accommodation of DRM changes.
What attendees will learn:
- How automated layout optimization solutions can help layout engineers reuse their IP when moving to a different technology node
- How existing IP can be optimized for DFM, Automotive rules or DRM updates
- Standard Cell Library Migration Example:
- Geometrical transformations shrinking from a 180nm demo technology to target 130nm
- 2-D compaction to fix design rules in the target technology
- Layout Optimization Example:
- Adding cost-based rules (best effort) for M1-contact enclosure
- Adding hard rules for M1-contact enclosure