Power Devices SPICE Modeling for Si, GaN and SiC Technologies
We start by examining the different technologies used in the manufacturing of power devices, including Si, GaN, and SiC, considering their respective particularities and advantages.
We will then analyze various approaches to the SPICE modeling of power devices, including compact models and macromodels.
A significant portion of our presentation will be dedicated to the topic of power FET modeling. In particular we will illustrate how to properly address its specific bias-dependent capacitances and how to deal with model tuning based on dynamic characteristics.
Finally, we will share some of our expertise in dealing with the unique challenges of power devices, including parasitic elements and model accuracy.
What You Will Learn
- SPICE models for GaN and SiC FET
- Modeling power FET-specific capacitances
- General power FET model extraction methodology
- Advantages of TCAD-based SPICE modeling
- SPICE modeling examples of Si, GaN, and SiC devices