Simulation of Reliability and NBTI Aging in MOS Microelectronics
The continuous scaling of semiconductor devices is a driving force in the field of microelectronics. However, this miniaturization goes hand in hand with various undesired degradation effects, which make a prediction of the MOS device operation less reliable. In particular, the Negative Bias Temperature Instability (NBTI) has attracted much industrial attention due to its severe impact on the device performance. In order to understand, predict, and reduce these degradation effects, TCAD simulations are of high importance.
This webinar will cover several of the most prominent reliability models (available in Silvaco’s TCAD tools). We will review their basic features and key parameters and discuss their correct calibration and comparison to experimental results.
What attendees will learn:
- Capabilities of Silvaco’s TCAD solutions for reliability issues
- Presentation of the most important models
- Discussion of their basic features and key parameters
- How to perform TCAD simulations
- Correct setup of a reliability simulation
- Correct comparison to the experimental data