RF Algorithm Engineer
Location: Moscow, Kiev Ukraine, UK, Grenoble, Brazil
Silvaco is a leading EDA tools and semiconductor IP provider used for process and device development for advanced semiconductors, power IC, display and memory design. For over 30 years, Silvaco has enabled its customers to develop next generation semiconductor products in the shortest time with reduced cost. We are a technology company outpacing the EDA industry by delivering innovative smart silicon solutions to meet the world’s ever-growing demand for mobile intelligent computing. The company is headquartered in Santa Clara, California and has a global presence with offices located in North America, Europe, Japan and Asia.
Silvaco is a privately held company, measuring itself to the highest ethical standards and world class performance.
Position Description and Responsibilities
Silvaco is one of a few providers of highly sophisticated software for electronic circuit simulation. With a growing world-wide presence, we are expanding our operations and have an opening for a full-time position in one of our worldwide offices. The successful candidate will be joining our Spice Simulation team, interacting with a global group of highly skilled professionals.
The RF Algorithm Engineer will be responsible for:
- Periodic steady-state algorithm development for high-accuracy high-capacity circuit simulation
- Shooting Newton and Harmonic Balanced based approaches
- Oscillator and phase noise analyses and envelope following algorithm development
- Predicting small-signal and noise characteristics from large-signal analyses
- Development of mathematical models and integration with circuit simulation engines
- Developing time-domain and frequency-domain modeling methods
- Providing accurate and effective written documentation
- MSc or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or Physics
- Proficiency in C and C++ languages
- Solid understanding of compact SPICE modeling, such as MOS, BJT, and TFT devices
- Self-motivated individual with excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Experience with distributed and multi-threaded computing
- Proficiency with circuit simulation netlist syntax & languages, including Verilog-A
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Perl or Python
- Knowledge of solver techniques used for circuit simulation
- Experience with modern, distributed version control systems
To apply send resume to HR@silvaco.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
Silvaco, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at HR@silvaco.com.