TCAD Applications Engineering Intern
Location: United States
Job Category: Intern
Hire Type: Full Time Employee
Duration: 3 to 4 months
Silvaco is a leading EDA tools and semiconductor IP provider used for process and device development for advanced semiconductors, power IC, display and memory design. For over 30 years, Silvaco has enabled its customers to develop next generation semiconductor products in the shortest time with reduced cost. We are a technology company outpacing the EDA industry by delivering innovative smart silicon solutions to meet the world’s ever-growing demand for mobile intelligent computing. The company is headquartered in Santa Clara, California and has a global presence with offices located in North America, Europe, Japan and Asia.
Silvaco is a privately held company, measuring itself to the highest ethical standards and world class performance.
Position Description and Responsibilities
Silvaco is looking for interns to join the TCAD Group. As part of this internship, the interns will work to update and expand Silvaco’s TCAD example set and update product documentation. The intern will gain skills and become more proficient in Semiconductor Device Modeling as well as technical writing and technical presentation. Furthermore, interns will have an opportunity to pursue some independent research work utilizing Silvaco tools that could align with graduate research studies. We are looking for a curious, open-minded spirit.
- Specifically, we need to convert (or create new) examples in Victory in the following tech areas:
- GaN Power/RF
- TFT + OLED
- Optoelectronics/Photonics (APD, CCD, CIS, etc.)
- Experience with Silvaco TCAD tools required (TCAD Process and/or TCAD Device Simulation). Experience with 3rd Party simulation software will also be considered.
- Junior/Senior-level undergraduate or Graduate student (MS or PhD) in Electrical Engineering or Physics
- Knowledge and coursework in semiconductor device physics and processing
- Experience with Linux operating systems, scripting a plus
- Experience with C/C++/Matlab programming as part of modeling semiconductor device physics a plus
SPICE Simulation experience a plus
- Basic/Good presentation skills, communication skills and technical writing skills desired. Intern will be asked to give internal reports and presentations and will be coached on presentation and writing skills
- Desire to expand skillset, work independently and take on projects efficiently
To apply send resume to HR@silvaco.com