Software Development Engineer Diffusion
Location: United Kingdom, Grenoble France, Vienna Austria, Germany
Silvaco, Inc. is a global company with a leading position among providers of EDA and SIP. The company is headquartered in Santa Clara, California, with offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. Silvaco is undergoing substantial growth driven by AI, IoT, display and big data, and is looking for key talent to join this rapidly expanding company. Silvaco is a privately held company, measuring itself to the highest ethical standards and world class performance.
Position Description and Responsibilities
Silvaco is looking for a software development engineer to join our process simulation team in one of the company’s offices in Europe. Working at the very center of the TCAD group, you would be working on topics ranging from ion implantation over doping diffusion to chemical process happening during the manufacturing of integrated devices. As a Software Developer, you will help Silvaco develop and deliver high quality products and services.
As a member of the TCAD group, you will design, implement, evaluate, and improve numerical methods, physical models and simulation methodologies. The successful candidate will be an experienced software development engineer, with experience in discretizing and numerically solving partial differential equations. Since numerically solving partial differential equations in 2D and 3D goes along with challenges in creating simulation meshes, experience in that area and understanding the relevance will be very beneficial. As an integral member of a team of highly trained and experienced engineers, the successful candidate must also be able to:
- Develop, support, test, and maintain existing simulation software.
- Identify and understand limitations of existing software components.
- Improve and develop simulation methodologies.
- Develop and provide software solutions for the simulation of physical problems.
- Understand and improve numerical schemes relevant for chemical and thermal treatment of materials.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Communicate complex ideas and testing results effectively; both orally and written
- Must be able to work independently and solve the problems on his/her own initiative.
- Provide accurate and effective written documentation.
- Good communication and organization skills, with a logical approach to problem solving, good time management, and task prioritization skills.
- Displays strong analytical abilities both quantitative and qualitative.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks&certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- A key requirement of this role is being the master of all details.
- Ability to multi-task and handle matters with little supervision and with excellent follow up.
- Must be able work alongside dynamic individual team members as a day-to-day partner in moving the business forward, holding reports accountable for forecasts and other business objectives.
- A strong entrepreneurial and can-do mindset, undaunted by shifting priorities, uncertainty, and a “figuring it out as we go” environment.
- Enough courage to say, “I don’t know”
- PhD in Physics, Engineering, or related field
- Strong proficiency in C++ or equivalent object-oriented programming language
- Extensive experience in software design
- Experience in software development within teams (code sharing)
- Experience in numerical methods and techniques relevant to solve partial differential equations
- Experience in physical principles and models for doping diffusion in semiconductor technology
- Strong knowledge in solid-state physics
- Good presentation skills, communication skills and technical writing skills desired
- Working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
To apply send resume to HR@silvaco.com