Software Developer – Device Simulation
Location: United Kingdom, Grenoble France, Vienna Austria, Germany
Silvaco, Inc. is a global company with a leading position among providers of EDA and SIP. The company is headquartered in Santa Clara, California, with offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. Silvaco is undergoing substantial growth driven by AI, IoT, display and big data, and is looking for key talent to join this rapidly expanding company. Silvaco is a privately held company, measuring itself to the highest ethical standards and world class performance.
Silvaco is a privately held company, committed to the highest ethical standards and world class performance.
Position Description and Responsibilities
Silvaco is looking for a software engineer to join our device simulation team in one of the company’s offices in Europe. Working at the very center of the TCAD group, the Device Simulation Software Developer will help Silvaco develop and deliver high quality products and services.
As a member of the TCAD group, you will design, implement, evaluate, and improve physical models and numerical methods for the simulation of semiconductor devices. The successful candidate will be an experienced software engineer with a strong background in semiconductor physics. As an integral member of a team of highly trained and experienced engineers, the successful candidate must also be able to:
- Develop, support, test, and maintain existing device simulation software
- Identify, implement, and test new physical models
- Provide accurate and effective written documentation
- Communicate complex ideas and testing results effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ph.D. in Physics, Engineering, Computational Science, or a related field
- Strong proficiency in C++ and software design
- Strong fundamentals in solid-state physics
- Strong fundamentals in numerical methods, including solving non-linear equations
- Good communication and organization skills, with a logical approach to problem solving, good time management, and task prioritization skills
- Experience with simulation of semiconductor devices such as FETs, bipolar devices, power devices, or TFTs
- Experience with numerical discretization methods such as Finite Volume, Finite Element or Boundary methods
- Experience with solving large systems of differential equations using algorithms such as Newton’s method
- Experience with parallel computing
To apply send resume to HR@silvaco.com