Senior Software Engineer – RC Parasitic Extraction
Location: United Kingdom, Grenoble France
Silvaco is a leading EDA tools and semiconductor IP provider used for process and device development for advanced semiconductors, power IC, display and memory design. For over 30 years, Silvaco has enabled its customers to develop next generation semiconductor products in the shortest time with reduced cost. We are a technology company outpacing the EDA industry by delivering innovative smart silicon solutions to meet the world’s ever-growing demand for mobile intelligent computing. The company is headquartered in Santa Clara, California and has a global presence with offices located in North America, Europe, Japan and Asia.
Silvaco is a privately held company, measuring itself to the highest ethical standards and world class performance.
Position Description and Responsibilities
As a member of the Parasitic Extraction group in the TCAD Division, you will support, improve and design new field solvers (FEM, BEM, Random Walk, …) and numerical techniques in C/C++ to address new challenges in RLCG parasitic extraction for Display and Advanced CMOS market.
The successful candidate must be an expert in field solver-based parasitic extraction and be able to quickly become an expert in new simulation approaches and to develop robust, maintainable, and efficient code. Responsibilities will also include testing, calibrating, documenting and supporting the use of newly developed solvers. Contributing to product planning by identifying new modeling trends and techniques for new technology will be a plus.
- Ph.D or MSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Strong expertise in field solver-based parasitic extraction
- Strong expertise in handling of compilers, debuggers, and framework tools
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Well versed in software engineering principles, frameworks, and technologies
- Self-starter and strong closer with multitasking ability
- Working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, time management skills and an unwavering commitment to integrity and professionalism.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Department head
- Displays strong analytical abilities both quantitative and qualitative.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks – certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- A key requirement of this role is being the master of all details.
- Ability to multi-task and handle matters with little supervision and with excellent follow up.
- A strong entrepreneurial and can-do mindset, undaunted by shifting priorities, uncertainty, and a “figuring it out as we go” environment.
- Enough courage to say “I don’t know”.
Click here to apply (UK).
Click here to apply (France).